Endocannabinoid Deficiency Suspected As Cause For Fibromyalgia

Mr Bill

Outside Looking In
Staff member
Jan 9, 2019
Leslie Kahn

For decades, since fibromyalgia disproportionately affected women, those who suffered with its often debilitating effects were often labeled as “hysterical women.” Many doctors would not even acknowledge that it was a legitimate physical disorder and called women hypochondriacs. It was often referred to as a “psychosomatic disorder.” Over the decades, the medical community has finally recognized it as a physical disorder, but have only speculated as to its underlying cause. The conventional Western medical treatment consisted of 3 pharmaceuticals, none of which helps with the symptoms, but produces plenty of side effects. The 3 drugs are Lyrica, Cymbalta and Savella.

Of the 41 qualifying conditions in the Illinois MCPP, fibromyalgia is the most common disorder of those who have applied for a card. Medical cannabis has been anecdotally shown to reduce many of the symptoms of fibromyalgia including pain, fatigue, sleep problems, digestive problems and mental fog. With no relief provided by pharmaceuticals, many desperate fibromyalgia sufferers are turning to medical cannabis as a last resort and have been ecstatic with the results. I know patients who have been so incapacitated by fibromyalgia that they were unable to get out of bed, let alone work. Many have resumed activities that they never expected to do again in their lives, including working and exercising. It has been literally a “life saver” for many......................

More here: Endocannabinoid Deficiency Suspected As Cause For Fibromyalgia

Mr Bill

Outside Looking In
Staff member
Jan 9, 2019
Marijuana Edibles Could be the Answer for Fibromyalgia

Cannabis-derived products are the best available treatment for pain management in my opinion. I have worked with people and animals with chronic pain, and cannabis is the most effective treatment I have found. Nature provided us with a super drug, and it’s a shame more people can’t access it for pain relief.

The potential medicinal benefits of cannabis products are too promising and too significant not to encourage their use. As an advocate for the legalization of cannabis, including legalized medical marijuana, I believe it is a crime that this plant is off limits to the people who need it most. That’s why Fibromyalgia Treating‘s editor asked me to write this article. Specifically, he invited me to talk about one form of cannabis products ideal for pain and fibro management: marijuana edibles.

For those who are new to cannabis use for pain management, there is a small amount of essential knowledge worth possessing. First, I think it’s important for people to know what two chemicals in cannabis help reduce or eliminate pain in patients. These two compounds have different effects on the body. Second, it’s important to know what to expect from each of these chemicals and why some prefer one to the other...........................

story here: Marijuana Edibles Could be the Answer for Fibromyalgia