Marijuana Authority Swamped By Record Application Filings!

Mr Bill

Outside Looking In
Staff member
Jan 9, 2019
Gonna be high high!!!

The Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority is under a siege of new applications and many are going unprocessed beyond the statutory 14 day mandate for processing.

Last week the OMMA announced the closing of their robust call center, so that the personnel which takes more than 1000 calls per week can help dig out the processing department.

Melissa Miller, a spokesman for the State Health Department's Medical Marijuana Authority said that every effort is being made to hire more competent personnel.

Up until Thanksgiving, the rate of granting patient license applications for patients was about 1000 per week. But the rate since the holidays has been higher than 2500 per week. Now the agency is admitting that they are failing to meet the legal mandate.

As a result, patients are going without their medicine or being forced to buy from the black market, and face prosecution just to get medical care for cancer care, epilepsy, chronic pain care, and severe mental disorders including veterans with PTSD..............

oklajohn

Oklahoma City
Feb 6, 2019
Oklahoma City
I am one of those still waiting. It's been 4 weeks since my original application and 2 weeks since re-submission of my image pic. Still no email for license. Their phone line is still shut down as far as I know, have followed up by email twice with one answer as shown below:
Hello,
"OMMA is working to process applications as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience. Please check your email or log into your account for application status.
Thank you,
OMMA Staff"

It is very discouraging but seems to be nothing I can do but WAIT.

Mr Bill

Outside Looking In
Staff member
Jan 9, 2019
Dang that’s a bummer man. It seems to be snowballing as more and more people figure out you can get the cards fairly easy. One time I don’t have to worry about it though, my body is a train wreck! I’ll be hoping for the best John!!

oklajohn

Oklahoma City
Feb 6, 2019
Oklahoma City
Thanks for your support Mr Bill. Finally got email today indicating application approved. Should receive license in a couple days I hope. Evidently they are doing their best to catch up. At least good news for me.

Mr Bill

Outside Looking In
Staff member
Jan 9, 2019
Congrats!! Wait until you open it up...................... if feels really really really GOOD in your hands!! Happy Bowls!!