Mr Bill

Outside Looking In
Staff member
Jan 9, 2019
Hello there. I am Mr Bill and I am a newbie to medical marijuana. After 8 surgeries on my back and shoulder, I am left with constant, chronic pain. I literally cannot sit down, it hurts that bad. I am taking opioids currently, I have been on them for about 3 years now. They definitely numb the pain a bit, I am able to sit for short periods. I'm okay as long as I'm standing and/or walking, although even then my back hurts somewhat. But most of the pain is into my lower back and buttocks, right at the point of contact! So as you probably know by now, they are really cracking down on the use of them. I've been cut almost in half, and it is just plain excruciating trying to live a somewhat normal life. As I sit here typing, I can just barely take the pain. I'm going to have to go lay down on my belly and use the laptop!

So, I have submitted my documents online at OMMA to get a medical marijuana card. It has been about 5 days now, the status still shows as "submitted". Hopefully they get it out to me soon. Then the second part of my journey begins.................. figuring out what kind of pot will help my pain! I have read and researched so much that I'm really just confused as to what all there is out there! So that's where I am at the moment. Stay tuned for the rest of my journey...................................

Mr Bill

Last edited:

Mr Bill

Outside Looking In
Staff member
Jan 9, 2019
Day 10 of the license wait. Now I've run across so many things to consider while researching this stuff. I believe I already want to start a Personal grow lol!!

Mr Bill

Outside Looking In
Staff member
Jan 9, 2019
Here I am at day 11............................. I wonder what the holdup is?! I got a pocket-full 'o coin and ready to buy!!

Mr Bill

Outside Looking In
Staff member
Jan 9, 2019
WooHoo!!! Got my approval e-mail this morning!! Day 12 of the process! To all Lawton dispensaries................... get your counters stocked with the best people who can walk an old man through all the options!!

Mr Bill

Outside Looking In
Staff member
Jan 9, 2019
OMG!! let me catch you up with the latest happenings in my journey! Just a quick note here to say I got my license in and headed to a local dispensary. The budtender was very patient with me, Conner was his name. He was very knowledgeable and walked me through some various choices. I wound up getting a little of 3 different strains.............. Monster Profit, Sunshine Daydream, and Lemon Diesel. I also picked up a small pipe and a grinder. It still seems a little unreal lol! Shopping for weed and having a good 'ole time!

So.......... first up was the MP. I took a very small piece of a bud, put it int the pipe, fired up, and took one (1) nice toke. I'm going to stop there. Just to see, you understand. Oh.My.God. Within just a couple of minutes, I am totally ripped! WTH?! I mean, buzzing big time! I figure I have a very low tolerance for this stuff!! I was sailing along for damn near 6 hours! Gawd Dawgs man!! I thought, no way I can be this high all the time! Finally got to sleep early morning. Next day, I'm thinking I'll try a half-hit lol! Yeah, you guessed it............ ripped! I'm not sure about this whole deal now. I don't know, perhaps it will take some time to acclimate to it?

So.............. third day. Let me try another one. The Sunshine Daydream. It smells nicer. Okay. I take a nice little bud, this time running it through a grinder. That's pretty nifty by the way! Then I put a little bit in the pipe and fired up. Just one hit, you understand. Yeah, you guessed it. Ripped!! What in the hell man?!?! Now, I'll admit, this high was slightly more mellow, but I was pretty ripped just the same!

I mean, when I was taking the Oxy's and Percocets, it numbed the pain in my ass-cheeks enough that I could sit for a few minutes at a time. But I was very active, I walk 3 miles every day up at the park track, and am always out doing something. Hobby photography too. But there is no way I will be able to continue that and smoke weed! It seems to be that I can only use it in the evenings when I'm home for the day. It does help a "bit", but nothing like the meds did.

So that's where I'm at right now. With me being able to get ripped on only a single toke, those 3 1/8ths are going to last me a good long while lol!! Go ahead and join the forums and tell me what you think. Until the next update.................... light 'em up!

mb