The Pot Is Too Damned High!!

Mr Bill

Outside Looking In
Staff member
Jan 9, 2019
Before I even get my license, I've seen that the cost of this medical marijuana is exorbitant!! And with most insurance not covering it, the cost is prohibitive for many patients! MB

'Way over black market': Medical marijuana prices cause some sticker shock as question of taxes still looms

A patient at OKind Medical Marijuana Dispensary on opening day said she knew she would need a lot of cash but had no idea what her purchase might amount to at the Sapulpa retailer.

She was told most strains would cost $50-$55 for an eighth-ounce, making OKind one of the more costly dispensaries to open immediately after growers’ first harvests. But she didn’t know if she would have to pay state sales tax, 4.5 percent, on top of the 7 percent tax mandated in State Question 788, or whether Sapulpa also levies its own city sales tax on cannabis products.

Uncertainty over dispensaries’ tax obligations, amid a lawsuit over whether it’s legal to collect both a state sales tax and an excise tax, is among reasons cannabis retailers have higher prices than what marijuana users were accustomed to paying on the street. Some are trying to prevent financial losses ahead of the market saturation that’s expected early next year............................."

Rest of story here: 'Way over black market': Medical marijuana prices cause some sticker shock as question of taxes still looms